Terms & Conditions
Valid from March 1, 2017
US Booking Conditions
Go Ahead Vacations
The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd. Haldenstrasse 4, CH-6006, Lucerne, SWITZERLAND, organization number: CHE-109.874.655, VAT number CHE-116.325.678 MWST. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. is an affiliate of EF Education First International Ltd. and acts only as a marketing services provider for that company. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. does not provide any goods or services for your trip. The services provided are tax-exempt with credit in accordance with Swiss Federal Law with regard to Value-Added Tax Art. #23. In the following text, EF Education First International Ltd. and Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. are together referred to as “Go Ahead Tours” or “GAT.”
These Booking Conditions are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Your agreement to these Booking Conditions constitutes your agreement to any updates which can be found at www.goaheadtours.com/terms.
Reserving your tour
To reserve a place on a European land tour, a reservation fee of $300 per person is required. To reserve a place on a non-European land tour, Special Event Tour, Land & Cruise Tour or Customized Tour, a reservation fee of $450 per person is required. GAT and other EF-issued travel vouchers cannot be used as a reservation fee for a tour. We accept waitlist reservations on most tours. The full reservation fee is required to secure a place on the waitlist. If we are unable to confirm your reservation by 36 days prior to departure, your reservation fee will be refunded in full. If you are approved after the Tour Finalization Date (see below), standard late-add procedures apply. Due to TSA security requirements you must, within seven days of booking or at the time of booking if after the Tour Finalization Date, provide GAT with your name and birthday exactly as it appears on the form of identification you plan to use. Failure to provide this information at the time of reservation could result in additional fees. Travelers must be at least six years of age at the time of departure to participate on a Go Ahead tour. Exclusions to this rule are Nature & Wildlife, Safari, Food & Wine and Walking Tours, where the minimum age is eight years, and Customized and Private Tours, where the minimum age is three years.
The Tour Finalization Date for most tours is 70 days prior to departure.
Exceptions include the following tours, which have a Tour Finalization Date of 90 days prior
to departure: Land & Cruise Tours, Customized Tours, tours to Cuba, tours to Myanmar, and tours including the Rocky Mountaineer train.
Terms of reservations
The reservation fee is fully refundable if you cancel within 72 hours of booking the tour. Any Travel Protection purchased within 72 hours of booking is also fully refundable within that same 72-hour window. After 72 hours, the reservation and Travel Protection fees become non-refundable and standard cancellation fees apply (see “Refunds & cancellations” section). Prior to the Tour Finalization Date, you may change your reservation to a new tour for a rebooking fee of $50 (which must be collected at time of rebooking) plus any difference in tour price due to price increases, changes in travel season or tour. If you have purchased Travel Protection, you will also be responsible for any additional cost as the price of the Travel Protection package will be based on the new tour price, which must be collected at the time of rebooking. Terms & Conditions in place at the time of rebooking will apply to all changed reservations. Travelers must accept Go Ahead Tours’ Booking Conditions and Release & Agreement within 14 days of booking or by their Tour Finalization Date, whichever comes first—otherwise their reserved places on tour are subject to cancellation. Reservations made fewer than 72 hours prior to the Tour Finalization Date are refundable up until the Tour Finalization Date. Reservations made after the Tour Finalization Date are considered late additions and these payments are not refundable.
Travelers may pay in full at time of booking or enroll in one of two payment plan options: the Automatic Payment Plan or Manual Payment Plan.
- Travelers are eligible to enroll in the Automatic Payment Plan up to 7 days prior to the Tour Finalization Date. Travelers who are not eligible for the Automatic Payment Plan must pay in full upon enrollment or enroll in the Manual Payment Plan.
- Automatic payments can only be made using direct debit from a checking account.
- Before the Automatic Payment Plan is activated, travelers must accept the Automatic Payment Plan Terms & Conditions with an electronic signature, a paper signature, or verbal authorization.
- Travelers must provide a valid email address and pay the tour’s non-refundable reservation fee before the plan is activated. The first automatic payment must be made by the Tour Finalization Date.
- The first automatic payment must be made by the Tour Finalization Date.
- Travelers may choose any date on which their account will be automatically debited each month. If a monthly installment payment plan begins on a day that is not available for every month, the payment will be debited on that month’s last day, i.e. the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st.
- GAT reserves the right to debit the travelers’ account up to three days after the scheduled date if that date occurs on a weekend or holiday.
- The monthly Automatic Payment Plan amounts are subject to change if tour components (such as optional excursions, extensions, and Travel Protection) are added or removed, or if additional payments are made.
- Payment for any additional tour components (such as optional excursions) added after the Automatic Payment Plan’s final scheduled payment are due at time of purchase. Payments will no longer be automatically deducted.
- If an automatic payment is missed, the Automatic Payment Plan will be recalculated to have the missed payment redistributed across the remaining schedule. GAT reserves the right to withdraw travelers from the plan for issues occurring with two consecutive payments, or if payment is declined due to incorrect account information.
- Should the final automatic payment be returned or declined, travelers will need to make a manual payment for the remaining balance.
- Should travelers opt to withdraw from the Automatic Payment Plan or are withdrawn by GAT, they will be enrolled in the Manual Payment Plan.
Manual Payment Plan
- If travelers do not pay in full or do not choose the Automatic Payment Plan upon making their reservation, they will be
Travelers on the Manual Payment Plan must provide a valid email address and are subject to the payment schedule outlined below:
- The applicable reservation fee is due at time of booking.
- The final payment date for the Manual Payment Plan is the Tour’s Finalization Date.
- Travelers can make payments by mail, online or over the phone by calling 1.800.597.0350.
- All checks and money orders should be made payable to “Go Ahead Tours, Inc.”
- Online payments can be made by direct debit or with an ATM/debit card or credit card with the Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Please note that a $75 late fee will automatically be applied to accounts for which payment is not received by the final payment date.
- A $30 fee will be added for any check returned to us by your bank.
- GAT reserves the right to cancel a reservation if payment is not received on time, in which case cancellation fees will apply.
- In the unlikely event that an invoice is not received, payment is still due as stated above. GAT will mail final travel documents and flight itinerary only after your invoice has been paid in full and your completed confirmation statement has been received.
- All payments are due in U.S. dollars.
Best Price Guarantee
Go Ahead’s Best Price Guarantee is valid only at the time of booking for new reservations and applies to the price of the tour including airfare and after the value of any promotional offer or discount is applied. It is not applicable to tour extensions. To qualify, comparable tours must provide the same included items at an equivalent quality level, be fully escorted, have the same duration, provide the exact number and locations of overnight stays and have an equivalent departure day and date. Any eligible difference between the price of the GAT tour and a comparable tour at the time of booking will be applied as a discount to the GAT tour price. Final determination will be at GAT’s sole discretion.
Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Advertised air-inclusive tour prices are based on lowest-priced travel season and gateway. For the most up-to-date pricing, please see our website at www.goaheadtours. com. Airline fuel surcharges, as applicable at the time of pricing, are included in the tour prices. All prices are based on exchange rates, airfares, fuel prices/surcharges and land costs at the time of catalog pricing on March 1, 2017 and are therefore subject to increase prior to the time of full payment. Please note: Government taxes and fees with respect to air travel, including the September 11th Security Fee, and port taxes are part of the tour price. All prices are in U.S. dollars. GAT cannot be held responsible for fluctuations in exchange rates when calculating refunds due to trip cancellations.
Discounts & promotions
All discounts, promotions and sales are subject to the specific terms listed for that price. For most promotions, travelers are eligible for a one-time promotion adjustment should they find the same tour, date and gateway (if applicable) on sale for a lower price within 90 days of the initial enrollment. Early booking discounts are considered part of a sale price and cannot be re-applied with a promotion adjustment. Tour discounts that are part of a “Last-Minute Special” are valid on new bookings only and are not part of the 90-day promotion adjustment guarantee.
Referral discounts are not combinable with Group Coordinator discounts. In order to qualify for this program, the referrer must be booked on a future Go Ahead tour or have traveled with Go Ahead Tours in the past. If the referrer is booked on a future tour and has not traveled with Go Ahead in the past, he/she will be eligible for the program only if referring new travelers to Go Ahead
that are not roommate travel companions or members of the same household. If the referrer has traveled on a Go Ahead tour in the past, he/she will be eligible for the program if referring any new traveler. The referrer will receive a credit toward a future tour in the amount of $100, which will be applied to his/her account no earlier than 72 hours after the referred traveler has booked his/her first GAT tour. The referred traveler will also be eligible for a $100 credit toward his/her first Go Ahead tour. Referral discounts are not eligible for children under 18. There is no limit on the amount of referral credits a referrer can receive. Offer is not valid retroactively and is available for new bookings only. Referral credits are combinable with promotional offers, but cannot be exchanged for cash. See www. goaheadtours.com/refer for the most up-to-date referral program details.
Travel agents with a valid ARC or IATA number will receive a $200 per person commission for any reservations made by new customers referred to Go Ahead Tours. Payment will take place after the 30-day prior to tour point, and only if the customer is paid in full.
Departure fees & surcharges
Departure fees and surcharges are imposed by airlines, governmental agencies, and occasionally hotels and/or other providers of services to cover such things as federal or foreign government-imposed landing fees, security fees, and energy/fuel increases. These fees and charges are assessed by GAT on a weighted average basis of all departures for a particular itinerary and are included in the tour price. GAT reserves the right to pass on new departure fees and surcharges prior to the time of full payment.
Triple room discounts
Triple room accommodations are available at a reduced cost on a limited basis. Triple rooms are usually a standard twin room with an additional cot or folding bed for the third person. Triple rooms may not be comfortable for three adults and are not available in certain cities or on Land & Cruise Tours.
Reservations after Tour Finalization Date
Late additions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and may be subject to additional costs from our suppliers. Your payment must
be made in full at the time of reservation. Late additions are subject to standard cancellation fees (see “Refunds & cancellations” section) applicable at the time of reservation. However, if we are unable to confirm your tour reservation, you are entitled to a full refund.
Failure to provide accurate and required information at the time of reservation could result in additional fees. Changes made after the Tour Finalization Date (see ”Reserving your tour” section) will be considered late changes and are made at the sole discretion of GAT. Any changes (including, but not limited to, confirmed passport information such as names, numbers or expiry dates; travel dates; gateways and airlines) may be subject to a service charge of $75 plus any costs GAT incurs from its suppliers. If you are traveling with a Group Coordinator, all changes must be made by 120 days prior to departure. Once the tour has departed, changes affecting return date or gateway will not be permitted.
Deviations from published tour itineraries (such as, but not limited to, travel dates and gateways) may include additional costs from our suppliers. Travelers not traveling on standard arrival or departure dates must arrange their own transportation to or from the airport and hotel. GAT can arrange pre- or post-tour accommodations, when available, through a Tour Consultant or Customer Relations Representative in any GAT sales office. While fulfillment cannot be guaranteed, GAT will make every effort to accommodate special travel requests. Please note: Due to the nature of GAT’s hotel contracts, pre- or post-stay arrangements may be in a different hotel from that of the main tour. GAT must be notified of all special arrangement requests prior to the Tour Finalization Date for consideration.
Optional excursions may be purchased up to three days prior to departure or while on tour. Pre-purchased optional excursions become non-refundable at three days prior to departure. Select optional excursions require advance booking and cannot be purchased or canceled after the advanced reservation deadline. All cancellations after the reservation deadline are subject to 100% cancellation fee. GAT accepts payment by Visa or MasterCard only for optional excursions purchased on tour. Additional fees may apply for optional excursions purchased on tour. Excursions require a minimum number of participants to operate. Details, day offered, and prices are subject to change. Due to seasonal hours of operation and availability, some excursions may not operate. If this occurs, you will be refunded any payments made for that excursion post-tour.
Land & Cruise Tours
For each Land & Cruise Tour, GAT is given a certain inventory of cabin categories to reserve for its customers. Therefore, not all cabin categories on a vessel are available to GAT. Please make sure to discuss cabin preferences with your Tour Consultant at time of booking to decide which is best for you. Specific cabins cannot be guaranteed at time of booking as they are assigned by the cruise line.
Hotels listed on our website are used on many departures, and are representative of the quality GAT uses. Other hotels will be comparable to those shown. Hotel rooms in Europe are typically smaller and less standardized than those in the U.S. and do not always offer air conditioning. Typically, a twin room will have two single beds placed side by side. Also, single rooms tend to be smaller than twin rooms, and may not have as desirable a location within the hotel. In Europe, it is standard policy that hotel rooms are not available for check-in before mid-afternoon.
In order to provide you with the lowest possible prices, GAT negotiates special rates with major air carriers. Due to the nature of GAT’s contracts, air arrangements may be subject to change and to certain constraints including, but not limited to, the availability of certain routings, travel times, and direct or non-stop flights. Seating on flights is entirely within the control of the airline, and GAT is not responsible for seating or changes to assigned seats. However, GAT may be able to assist in requesting specific seats, although specific seating requests are not guaranteed. Please reconfirm your seating requests directly with the airlines within 30 days of your departure. GAT can neither arrange for the crediting of frequent flier miles nor guarantee that you will receive frequent flier mileage credit. Flights in upgradeable classes of service cannot be guaranteed. Occasionally, due to specific tours or flight routings, an overnight stay is required en route. If this is the case, GAT will make arrangements for hotel accommodations, and a confirmation of the relevant hotel information will be included in your final travel documents (see “Final travel documents” section). If you and your traveling companion(s) make reservations at separate times and/or are originating from different gateways, you may not travel on the same flight(s). Additionally, GAT cannot guarantee that you will be on the same flight itinerary as others in a group/family if some of your travel party has purchased the extension and/or are deviating from the tour itinerary. GAT can sometimes offer customized flight itineraries and routings based on availability, plus any additional costs incurred from our airline partners.
Please note: Flight itineraries are subject to change up to departure due to schedule, equipment, or routing changes by airlines, and GAT cannot be held responsible for these changes or additional associated costs. Business class upgrades may be available on some tours for an additional fee. Upgrades are based on availability and in most cases will only be offered on overseas flights. Upgrades are not available on internal flights between cities as designated in your tour itinerary.
Each airline has its own baggage allowance policy and some airlines may impose additional charges for checked baggage. If you exceed baggage allowances or choose to check a bag on an airline that doesn’t include baggage in their fares, you are responsible for any additional fees. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding your airline’s checked baggage policies. See www.goaheadtours.com/baggage for more details.
Flight delays & cancellations
GAT cannot be held responsible for any flight delays or cancellations caused by reasons beyond GAT’s control including, but not limited to, weather, mechanical issues, or personnel strike. In the event of a flight delay, you must work directly with the airline to be rebooked. Once your new flight is confirmed, you must then notify GAT with your new arrival time. If you are arriving later than your original scheduled flight, you may not be met by a GAT representative at the airport. In this case, you will need to arrange your own transportation from the airport to your hotel. If you booked your flights or bought a transfer service through GAT, you are entitled to a $25 reimbursement for the transfer missed due to flight delay. Persons missing tour portions or components (including, but not limited to, meals, excursions, or sightseeing tours) due to flight delays or cancellations will not be refunded by GAT or be eligible for a change of return date.
Making your own flight arrangements
You may make your own flight arrangements for most tour itineraries. If you choose to make your own flight arrangements, you are also responsible for arranging your own transportation to and from all airports. Please keep in mind that all internal flights between cities as designated in the tour itinerary will be arranged by Go Ahead. If it is necessary for GAT to change or cancel your travel program in any way, you will be responsible for altering your flight plans accordingly and for any costs that result from such changes or cancellations. As a result, GAT strongly recommends that travelers purchasing their own airfare wait until after the Tour Finalization Date to buy non-refundable tickets.
Flight itinerary reservation
Flights chosen at the point of sale or prior to your Tour Finalization Date through our flight booking system are confirmed immediately. Any changes to the flight itinerary or traveler information after this point will incur a change fee of $75. After the Tour Finalization Date, change fees may be higher.
Final travel documents
Final travel documents, including travel itineraries, hotel accommodations, and a copy of the flight itinerary, are mailed approximately 14 days prior to departure. A supplemental fee of $15 will apply to all deliveries to Puerto Rico and outside of the U.S. (with the exception of Canada). If your mailing address changes or if you want your final documents sent to a different address, you must notify GAT prior to your Tour Finalization Date. Otherwise, you will be responsible for any additional mailing costs.
Refunds & cancellations
If you cancel your reservation, the cancellation fee schedule below will apply. If you are booked in a double/twin room and your roommate cancels his or her tour more than 45 days prior to departure, you will be responsible for paying the single supplement fee. If you purchased Travel Protection and are canceling for a reason covered under the policy guidelines, cancellation fees will be reimbursed to you directly from the insurance company. In the event that you have to cancel your tour on the day of departure, you must notify GAT prior to checking in to your first flight if you purchased airfare through Go Ahead, or the departure of your first flight if traveling land-only. Any penalties for supplemental services/guarantees (including, but not limited to, flights, hotels, or late additions) resulting from cancellations made at your request will be your responsibility, and all service fees are non-refundable. Substitution of travelers is not permitted. If you choose not to travel, but fail to cancel your tour prior to the departure date or if you return home before the scheduled completion of your tour, you will not be eligible for any refund or reimbursement from GAT for any unused portion of your trip or costs incurred by leaving your trip early.
For travelers with the Travel Protection policy (www.goaheadtours.com/travelprotection), Go Ahead Tours will reimburse the participant in the form of a credit voucher in the event the participant wants to interrupt their tour due to reasons not covered by their Travel Protection policy. The voucher is valid for one year from the day of the interruption of the tour and represents the value of the missed time on tour including any unused air, land, or sea arrangements already paid for by the participant as determined by Go Ahead Tours. Starting February 1, 2017, vouchers for travelers with the Basic Trip Protection policy will not exceed $1,000 and vouchers for travelers with the Trip Protection policy will not exceed $1,500. Vouchers for travelers who purchased TravelSafe prior to February 1, 2017 will not exceed $1,000. The voucher is personal and non-transferable and may be applied towards a future Go Ahead tour and is not redeemable for cash. The participant is responsible for any additional costs incurred by interrupting the tour including, but not limited to, the return flight and other transportation costs due to the interruption. Reservation fees, rebooking fees, change fees, late and returned check fees, revision fees, supplemental fees for international deliveries, and special arrangement fees are considered Used Fees once incurred and will not be refundable.
Cancellation of European land tours
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee (Includes reservation fee)
71 days or more $300
70–46 days $1,000
45–8 days 50%*
7–0 days 100%*
Cancellation of non-European land tours and Special Event Tours
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee (Includes reservation fee)
71 days or more $450
70–46 days The greater of $1,000 or 30%*
45–8 days 50%*
7–0 days 100%*
Cancellation of Land & Cruise Tours, Customized Tours, tours including a ride on the Rocky Mountaineer, tours of Myanmar and tours of Cuba
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee (Includes reservation fee)
91 days or more $450
90–61 days The greater of $1,000 or 30%*
60–46 days 50%*
45–14 days 75%*
13–0 days 100%*
*Percentages listed above are of the total tour cost, including reservation fee. Listed cancellation fee is applicable per traveler. Travel Protection
is not part of the total tour cost, and is non-refundable after the 72-hour risk-free tour booking window.
Cancellation of pre/post-tour accommodation requests and tour extensions (if still traveling on main tour)
Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Fee (Includes reservation fee)
71 days or more $0
70-46 days 30%
45-8 days 50%
7-0 days 100%
If cancellation of accommodation request or extension is done within 45 days of departure and the flights booked through GAT need to be changed, an additional flight re-booking fee of $300 applies in addition to the above charges. If the pre- or post-stay hotel is different than the main tour hotel in the same city when made available 30 days prior to tour, customers have 72 hours to cancel the pre- or post-stay hotel with no fee.
Cancellation with AnyReason Protection
Travelers with AnyReason Protection can cancel their tour at any time prior to checking in for their first scheduled flight. If canceled for a reason not covered under their Travel Protection policy, Go Ahead will provide a credit voucher for the value of their tour that may be applied toward any tour in the future. Voucher is valid for one year, is non-transferrable, and is not redeemable for cash.
Health & capabilities
The pacing and physical requirements of GAT tours vary by itinerary. We recommend that you select a tour that is suitable to your physical capabilities. Certain tours require considerable walking and may pose difficulties for travelers with disabilities or impaired mobility. For example, many historic sites are only accessible on foot and involve stairs or inclines. Roads may be narrow and winding, often making it impossible for buses to drive up to your hotel. In addition, as the Americans with Disabilities Act does not apply abroad, service providers on international tours may not have the infrastructure to make special provisions or accommodate special equipment that may be required. For example, GAT frequently uses small, family-owned hotels that may not have first-floor rooms or elevators available. In these cases, GAT might be required to arrange accommodations for disabled passengers in a separate hotel at an additional cost. For these reasons, you are required to disclose to your Tour Consultant any physical disabilities or limitations prior to reserving your tour so GAT can help you determine the appropriateness of the selected itinerary. GAT representatives are available to discuss any specific accommodations that disabled passengers might request and whether such requests can be reasonably arranged. GAT reserves the right to decline any tour participant whose condition, in our opinion, or in the opinion of a third party providing services on the tour, may affect the health, safety, or tour experience of other travelers.
Items prohibited from tour
For the safety and well-being of all travelers, no firearms or other weapons are permitted on tour except as required by law.
Group travel requirements
GAT reserves the right to reschedule or cancel any tour that has an insufficient number of travelers up to the Tour Finalization Date. If an insufficient number of travelers registers for your tour (not applicable to Private or Customized Tours), you may choose another tour and/ or departure date with a sufficient number of travelers, or cancel your tour without penalty. You will be responsible for all costs associated with independent travel arrangements. GAT reserves the right to cancel a tour extension due to low enrollment. If a traveler chooses to cancel an entire tour due to a tour extension canceled by GAT, standard cancellation fees will apply.
Itinerary variations & holidays
If improvements can be made to tour itineraries or unforeseen circumstances necessitate changes, GAT reserves the right to amend, adjust, or alter itineraries. GAT cannot control program changes on Land & Cruise Tours and/or railway components of tours, as cruise lines and railway companies reserve the right to make changes. GAT will make every effort to notify you as early as possible of such changes. Due to local or national holidays, seasonal hours of operation or availability, special events. and/or peak harvest seasons, access to certain facilities and attractions including, but not limited to, vineyards, museums, historical sites, or stores may be limited. On such occasions, and whenever possible, itinerary adjustments will be made by GAT to minimize traveler inconvenience.
Passports, visas & other travel documents
You are responsible for obtaining any travel documents and verifying entry requirements necessary for each country of travel on your selected tour itinerary, including any required vaccinations, as GAT is not responsible for providing this information or documentation. U.S. citizens are required to have a passport for all trips outside of the U.S., which must be valid for at least six months beyond the completion date of the tour. Entry laws differ with respect to travelers’ citizenship. You are responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of delays or itinerary changes related to your lack of appropriate travel documents and are therefore ineligible for any refund from GAT. GAT recommends that you apply for any necessary visas with a visa service. If you decide to apply for your visa directly with the applicable consulate(s) and require additional assistance and/or documentation from GAT, you may be subject to a special arrangements fee of $95. For more information on countries requiring visas for U.S. citizens, please refer to the U.S. Department of State website: travel.state.gov.
Other terms & provisions
The terms and provisions of these Booking Conditions supersede any other warranties, representations, terms, or conditions, unless they are expressly stated within a Booking Conditions Addendum or in a letter signed by a GAT officer. GAT makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, but it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors, including, but not limited to, prices. GAT tours are not for resale, and travelers must enroll directly with GAT.
The United States Tour Operators Association $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program
As an active member of USTOA, GAT is required to post $1 million with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA $1 million Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of GAT customers in the unlikely event of GAT bankruptcy, insolvency, or cessation of business. Further, you should understand that the $1 million posted by GAT may be sufficient to provide only a partial recovery of the advance payments received by GAT. More details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program may be obtained by writing to USTOA at 345 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1801, New York, New York 10001, or by email to email@example.com or by visiting USTOA.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Eastern Massachusetts.
US Release & Agreement
I (or parent or guardian if enrollee is under 18) am an enrollee on a Go Ahead Tour and understand and agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge and understand that my tour is operated by EF Education First International Ltd., Switzerland, and that Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. acts only as a marketing service provider for that company. Go Ahead Vacations, Inc. does not provide any goods or services for your trip. If I am participating in a domestic tour in the U.S., I understand that a portion of my tour may be operated by EF Explore America, Inc., a U.S. affiliate.
2. EF Education First International Ltd., Go Ahead Vacations, Inc., and (if applicable) EF Explore America, Inc., and their affiliated companies, partners, and any companies acting on their behalf, along with their officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, and authorized representatives (collectively referred herein as “GAT”) do not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for my tour, including for example hotels, arrangements for or ownership or control over houses, apartments, or other lodging facilities, Tour Directors, airline, vessel, bus, or other transportation companies, local ground operators, visa processing services, providers or organizers of optional excursions, food service or entertainment providers. I acknowledge that all such persons and entities, specifically the Tour Director assigned to my tour, are independent contractors and not employees of or employed by GAT. As a result, GAT is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any such person or entity, or of any other third party.
3. Without limitation, GAT is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, delay or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from, but not limited to: acts of God; force majeure; acts of government; acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt; strikes or other labor activities; criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind; overbooking or downgrading of accommodations; structural or other defective conditions in houses, apartments, or other lodgings (or in any heating, plumbing, electrical or structural problem therein); mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely or safely; dangers associated with or bites from animals, insects or pests; sanitation problems; food poisoning; epidemics, or the threat thereof; disease; lack of access to or quality of medical care; difficulty in evaluation in case of a medical or other emergency; or any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any third party, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of GAT.
4. I agree to release GAT from, and agree not to sue GAT for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in a GAT-sponsored tour, including, but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, negligent or wrongful death or any statutorily based claim. I hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waive any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any GAT-sponsored tour. I further agree to release and hold harmless GAT from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorists activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions, or any other reason that makes it impossible or commercially unreasonable in the sole opinion of GAT to conduct the tour.
5. I understand that travel in other nations is not similar to travel in the United States. Tours outside the United States can involve inconvenience and risk, including, but not limited to, forces of nature, geographic and climatic conditions, different hygienic standards, infrastructure problems (including road maintenance, transportation delays and accommodation condition), civil unrest, vandalism, crime, political instability and terrorism. Medical services or facilities may not be readily available or available at all during all or part of a tour and, if available, may not
be equal to standards in my home country. I assume all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities, however caused, including, but not limited to, those risks mentioned above. It is my intention fully to assume all of the risks of travel and participation in the program and to GAT from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law. If this form is also signed by a parent or legal guardian for a minor enrollee, that parent or guardian is making a similar release.
6. GAT shall have no responsibility for me whatsoever when I am absent from GAT supervised activities or for non-supervised activities.
7. I understand and agree that GAT shall have no liability or responsibility for me when I am absent from GAT-supervised activities or for non-GAT-supervised activities, such as visits to friends or relatives or during pre-/post-stay periods.
8. My tour begins with the takeoff from the GAT departure airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the origination (or other arrival) airport. If I have purchased my own flights, I understand that my tour begins with my arrival at the first accommodation arranged by GAT on my itinerary and ends with my departure from the final accommodation arranged by GAT on my itinerary and does not include flights between cities.
9. The air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is subject to and limited by the airlines’ contract of carriage, its tariff, the Montreal Convention or Warsaw Convention and their amendments or both.
10. I understand and agree that GAT reserves the right to refuse or cancel my reservation at their sole discretion. In such event, standard cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions apply.
11. I agree to abide by GAT’s regulations and the directions of my Tour Director and GAT’s personnel during my tour. I understand and agree that GAT may dismiss me from the tour at any time and at my sole expense for the failure to follow such rules or directions or for any other reason that GAT deems in its sole discretion requires my dismissal from the tour. I understand that in the event I am dismissed from the tour for any reason, I waive the right to a refund of any part of my program price, and that GAT may then send me home at my own expense. GAT is not responsible for arranging my transport home.
12. I agree to abide by all local laws when abroad. I understand that if I abuse or disobey such laws, even unintentionally, I waive my right to
a refund of any part of the program price, and GAT may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
13. I understand and agree that if I become ill or incapacitated, GAT and its employees may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense. GAT retains the right and has my authorization, in its sole discretion, to contact my emergency contact(s) with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to my tour. In the event of a medical emergency, GAT will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and I authorize GAT to do so. GAT, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered and GAT will not be responsible for monitoring any health care that I may necessitate.
14. I understand and agree that GAT has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the Booking Conditions supplied herewith.
15. I understand that prices are subject to unforeseen surcharges or price increases due to currency, fuel, etc., which, if imposed by airlines or other suppliers, will be separately billed prior to final payment date.
16. I understand that it is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (e.g., passport and visa[s]) for all locations on my tour (including locations visited during transit). Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the refund and cancellation guidelines as outlined in the Booking Conditions.
17. GAT is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets, or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket or missing a flight booked by GAT, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
18. I understand that I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses or other property.
19. I represent that I understand the pacing, content, accommodations, and other aspects of the tour upon which I have enrolled, and that I have discussed with GAT any limitations that may make it difficult or impossible for me to participate in this tour as designed.
20. I understand and agree that this Release & Agreement and GAT’s Booking Conditions constitute the entire agreement between GAT and me with reference to the subject matter herein, and I do not rely upon any promises, inducements or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or employees of GAT. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by both parties. The waiver by GAT of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
21. I understand and agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects, and performance hereunder shall be judged, by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of my relationship with GAT, or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity arises between me and the Released Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, all parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
22. I understand and consent that GAT may use any photographic, film, digital or video likeness taken of me, any of my comments while on a Go Ahead tour, any of my photographic, film, digital or video content shared by me with GAT through any form for future publicity or marketing without compensation to me and to also use my contact information for future GAT promotions.
23. I understand that my enrollment on tour with GAT is not complete until I have signed and agreed to the Terms & Conditions and this Release & Agreement. By agreeing to this Release & Agreement and Booking Conditions on behalf of other travelers for whom I am completing the enrollment process, I warrant that I am authorized to act on behalf of such individual(s) and I acknowledge and affirm that GAT’s reliance on my authority is reasonable. I agree to indemnify and defend GAT for any claims arising out of any violation of this warranty.